Eating clean can be easy, fun and totally delicious. Here’s a peek into the daily delights that eating clean has to offer. A day of clean eating healthy recipes is easier than you think to put together. You will feel amazing too. Below you will find some easy clean eating recipes for beginners and a walk through my day.
Ready to detoxify, boost your energy, feel and look your best? It all starts with the daily choice to take action. So what is a healthy day of eating look like? Let’s begin a look at my day.
CLEAN EATING HEALTHY RECIPES
IN THE MORNING:
Drink warm water with lemon and a pinch of cayenne pepper to get your circulation going.
SPINACH & PUMPKIN SEED POWER SMOOTHIE
(Makes 1 serving)
- 1 cup water or almond, hemp, or coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 small frozen banana, sliced into 2-inch chunks
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Stevia to taste
- 3 to 4 ice cubes (optional)
MASSAGED KALE WITH APPLE SALAD
- 4 cups kale, thinly sliced
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
Suggested toppings: pumpkin or sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, walnuts
- Add kale, parsley, lemon juice, avocado, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper to a large bowl.
2. Massage the kale and other ingredients with clean hands. The kale should turn a bright green and become softer. Massage until well incorporated.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Add your chopped apple and shredded carrots to the kale mixture.
4. Toss and top with pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries if desired.
QUINOA & ASPARAGUS RISOTTO
(Makes 2 servings)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Once cooked, start adding the coconut milk to it, 1/4 of a cup at a time, stirring until the quinoa soaks it all up. You may not need the full cup.
- Meanwhile, steam your asparagus and red pepper. When those are tender, add them to the quinoa and coconut milk. Stir in the lemon juice, thyme, cayenne, and salt.
Getting hungry between meals? Here are some of my favorite clean eating snacks:
- 10 almonds
- 15 walnuts
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- Celery or carrots with hummus
- Flax crackers with 2 tablespoons almond butter
- Another quick pick-me up is a green juice, which alkalizes your body.
If you’re seriously interested in getting healthy, restoring your digestion and boosting your energy then check out my new comprehensive program Restore your Gut Health, details here https://eatyournutrition.com/restore-your-gut-health-enrollment. In the program you get a ton of delicious satisfying recipes as well as strategies that will help rebuild your intestinal flora.
Or join me on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/EatYourNutrition where I’ll be sharing more information, tips and recipes to help you live a happier, healthier life.
LET ME KNOW IF YOU MAKE ANY OF THESE CLEAN EATING HEALTHY RECIPES
If you found this easy clean eating recipes for beginners article helpful let me know in the comment section below. I also would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva