This is a nutrient-dense, healthier version of the original bang bang shrimp and is vegetarian, gluten-free, and paleo friendly. Perfect appetizer for super bowl game day.
- 1 Whole head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of dairy-free milk (I like almond milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
Bang Bang Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon Siracha hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I love Primal Kitchen Avocado oil mayo) Chipotle Lime mayo is awesome in this, but any brand of mayo will work.
- 2 tablespoons spicy chili sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Juice from one lime
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Fresh chopped scallions
- Sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat the egg and milk. Set aside.
2. Cut the cauliflower into bite sized pieces and toss them into the egg and milk mixture.
3. Mix almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, corn starch, black pepper in a separate bowl.
4. Toss the cauliflower into the dry mixture to coat all the pieces.
5. Place on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Make sure to spread the pieces evenly on the baking pan.
6. While the cauliflower bakes, prepare the sauce. Mix all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
7. Remove from the oven and toss the baked cauliflower into the sauce to coat all the pieces.
8. Optional: Top with chopped cilantro, sesame seeds, and scallions.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: appetizers, super bowl recipes, healthy cauliflower recipes