The healthy beef taco salad recipe is a quick meal you can prepare during the week. I know there are many people who currently are experimenting with the keto diet. Therefore, I get a lot of requests for keto-friendly recipes. I often am asked if salad is keto? So, I created this keto taco salad and my husband loves it. So, if you are looking for some keto salad ideas, this is one you should try out.
This healthy beef taco salad recipe is very keto-friendly, because it is higher in fat content and low in carbohydrates. Everyone has a different way of eating and what works best for them. For example, this is called bio-individuality. What works for one person might not work for another. We all know how best we feel while eating particular foods. With that in mind, I recognize that many people find a lot of success on the keto diet.
However, I personally feel that the keto diet should not be used long-term, but can be beneficial for those who wish to jumpstart weight loss and see results early on. With that being said, I think for long-term meal planning, it is better to include healthy carbohydrates into one’s diet and not restrict entire macronutrients. That being said, I know many who have been successful long-term on keto. It really is all about planning.
Here are a Few Keto-Friendly Items to Stock your Pantry With!
- Canned fish–Great staple protein source.
- Bone broth–Great snack.
- Coconut cream or milk–Use in smoothies and chia puddings.
- Avocado, coconut, or olive oil
- Tahini sauce–Good drizzled over veggies.
- Flax “crackers” – Great snack. A good brand is Flackers.
Great Keto-friendly Produce to Keep on Hand
If you are just starting out on your wellness journey and want to try out a delicious keto salad recipe, this is definitely one for you to include. It has rave reviews from several family members of mine. In the meantime, try out this healthy beef taco salad. It’s packed with protein and so delicious. In addition, have a few other keto-friendly recipes to try.
Learn to Make an Easy Beef Taco Salad Keto-Friendly!
Keto Healthy Beef Taco Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces 1/2 a pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 2 stalks of green onion chopped
- 1 1/3 tablespoons lime juice divided
- 1 head romaine hearts chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 avocado mashed
- Optional toppings
- shredded cheese of choice
- sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1. Brown the beef in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Break up the meat with a spatula and cook until about 5 minutes or until no no longer pink. Drain any excess drippings, but keep the beef in the pan.
- 2. Add the tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt, , jalapeno, and green onion to the beef. Stir to combine. Cook for another 5 minutes until tomatoes are soft. Remove from heat and stir in half of the lime juice. Then season with additional salt and black pepper to taste.
- 3. In a large bowl toss the chopped romaine lettuce with olive oil and remaining lime juice.
- 4. Put the lettuce into a bowl and top with beef mixture. You can add any additional toppings such as mashed avocado, and mashed avocado or your favorite cheese of choice, and sour cream. Enjoy!
Let Me Know If you Try This Keto Taco Salad Recipe Today!
If you enjoyed this keto salad, let me know in the comment section below. Would you love more keto salad ideas added to the website? I would also love to hear what you think, or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva