This is one of my favorite soups. First, I could eat it every day, it’s so tasty and nutritious. A good soup does wonders for the body and soul. Soups offer a certain comfort that other foods lack. However, they’re also a vehicle for nutrient dense ingredients. This is why I simply love this curried butternut squash and apple soup recipe. It also tastes great topped with coconut cream for a delicious coconut curry soup.
Butternut squash is an excellent source of vitamin A and one of the healthiest starches you can get. It’s got a gentle sweetness to it which pairs well with bold curry flavors and embraces the sweetness of the apple. Apple and butternut squash naturally compliment each other. For instance, did you know they’re harvested at the same time of year, and they’re both high in fiber? If you are interested in reading more about the different types of winter squash available, I wrote an article on this topic. delicious types of winter squash. So when fall comes around this is one of the first soups I whip up. It’s become a staple in my house and I hope you’ll enjoy it just as much. Above all, I am not kidding when I say this recipe for curried butternut squash is probably one of the easiest soup recipes to make.
Butternut Squash Coconut Curry Soup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 granny smith apples, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 cups homemade chicken stock
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- One pound of butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- raw pumpkin seeds
- flax seeds
- coconut cream
- First, heat oil in a large pot, add onions and garlic, and simmer until golden. Add curry powder, salt, butternut squash, and apple chunks, and cover with chicken stock and coconut milk.
- Next, allow to simmer for about 30 minutes until butternut squash is soft. Use an immersion blender or add to your blender in batches to create a smooth, creamy consistency, enjoy! Add optional toppings of pumpkin and/or flax seeds. This also tastes delicious, topped with coconut cream, for a tasty coconut curry soup.
If you’re seriously interested in getting healthy, restoring your digestion and boosting your energy then check out my new comprehensive program Restore your Gut Health, details here https://eatyournutrition.com/restore-your-gut-health-enrollment. In the program you get a ton of delicious satisfying recipes as well as strategies that will help rebuild your intestinal flora.
Or join me on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/EatYourNutrition where I’ll be sharing more information, tips and recipes to help you live a happier, healthier life.
LET ME KNOW IF YOU MAKE THIS BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP!
Lastly, have you ever thought to have curry in butternut squash soup before? This is simply the easiest recipe for butternut squash soup. Let me know in the comments below. I also would love to hear what you think about this delicious vegan tart or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva