For a simple spring lunch, try this Thai crunch salad bowl recipe. The bold flavors are truly out of this world, and the veggies add a nice crunch. Learn how to make this delicious Thai salad recipe. This salad is the perfect meal prep for lunch during the week. As the weather starts to warm up, I love salads daily for lunch. They are quick, nutritious, and easy to prepare. The flavors in this salad are truly bold. Consider it simply on its own, or pair it with a protein of choice. I added some grilled chicken breast to this salad, and it becomes Thai crunch chicken salad. If you are vegetarian, try tempeh. Pescatarian friends out there can try some cooked shrimp.
Thai Crunch Salad Bowl Recipe
- ¼ cup Chili-Lime Dressing (recipe follows)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter OR sunflower seed butter
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts OR sunflower seeds
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 cups cabbage coleslaw blend
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons each fresh basil, cilantro, and mint, chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds for topping (optional).
Extra Protein Option: Add 6 ounces tempeh, cooked baby shrimp or chicken.
- Place all salad ingredients into a large salad bowl.
2. Whisk together the dressing and almond/sunflower butter in a large mixing bowl. Toss in all remaining ingredients and mix well before serving.
Chili-Lime Dressing Recipe
Makes about 1 ½ cups
- Juice of 2 limes (and zest of 1)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon wheat-free tamari
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Chili powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Combine all ingredients in a jar with a lid. Shake well until smooth. Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
LET ME KNOW HOW YOU LIKE THIS THAI CRUNCH SALAD BOWL RECIPE
Did you make this healthy Thai crunch salad bowl recipe? I would love to hear if you love this as much as I do. Let me know in the comments below. You can also connect with me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva
POPULAR SALAD RECIPES FOR YOU TRY: