Fresh ingredients that come together to make a flavorful dish! My recipe for grilled chicken and vegetable skewers is perfect with this delicious basil sauce. Grilling chicken kabob skewers is fast, easy, and healthy way to make a chicken recipe. You will simply love using this marinade for the grilled chicken kabob skewers, as well as many other of your barbecue recipes.
How to Make Grilled Chicken Skewers?
- Chicken Breast: I recommend using skinless, boneless chicken breasts, but if you want to keep that skin on, that works well too.
- Garlic: I always use fresh garlic, which beautifully flavors the grilled chicken kabob skewers marinade.
- Fresh Lemon Juice: A nice squeeze of fresh lemon juice will add brightness and acid necessary for this recipe.
- Olive Oil: Full of luscious, healthy fats, while creating a beautiful rich flavored marinade for the basil sauce.
- Basil Leaves: Fresh basil leaves are the key to this delicious basil sauce. Don’t skimp on this flavorful ingredient for an out of this world tasty basil sauce that you can pour over everything.
- Red Onion: How can you not include red onions on your grilled chicken skewers? This is a must veggie with a bold flavor.
- Zucchini: One of my favorite vegetables, loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Read more about zucchini here.
- Bell Peppers: You will love how these babies roast up beautifully when you grill them. The marinade allows the bell peppers to not only be flavorful, but you also get that yummy grilled flavor perfectly from the basil olive oil marinade.
Grilled Chicken Skewers with Basil Sauce Recipe
This grilled chicken kabobs recipe will truly become not only a summer barbecue favorite, but one that you can also enjoy all year long too.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Meal Type: Lunch, Dinner, Side
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breast, skinless, cubed
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 bell pepper, red, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1″ pieces
GRILLED CHICKEN KABOB SKEWERS MARINADE INGREDIENTS:
This simple marinade can be used for this grilled chicken kabob recipe or in recipes that require a delicious and easy marinade sauce.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Cube chicken.
- Chop vegetables according to directions above in ingredients list.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and dried herbs. Add cut vegetables to a bowl and toss with 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil marinade mixture. Set aside.
- Add cubed chicken to a glass bowl and cover with remaining olive oil mixture. Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours. [You could marinate in less time, the flavor just won’t be as intense].
- Alternate vegetables and chicken while threading on skewers [if using wooden skewers you can soak in water to prevent burning will on grill].
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill, rotating until all sides are slightly browned, chicken is cooked, and vegetables have softened.
- Serve with basil sauce.
BASIL SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cup basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- salt, to taste
- Process in a food processor to combine and serve with skewers.
You can grill these skewers outdoors or on a grill pan. You can also broil them, rotating during cooking.
Can You Cook Chicken Skewers in the Oven?
Yes. Simply preheat your oven to a broiler setting or the highest setting in your oven. Broil for about 10 minutes or until cooked through, turning every 3 minutes.
373 Calories in grilled chicken skewers
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Total Fat: 32.6 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Dietary Fiber: 3 grams
Total Sugars: 10 grams
RECIPE KEY NUTRIENTS
Calcium | Vitamin D | Iron | Potassium
What to Serve With Grilled Chicken Kabobs?
- Simple & Delicious Lemon Kale Salad Recipe
- Easy Quinoa Tabbouleh Recipe
- Gut Friendly Ginger Garlic Cabbage Saute
- Raw Carrot & Beet Salad Recipe
Will You Try Grilling Chicken Kabob Skewers for Today?
Juicy, grilled chicken skewers are a fast, delicious, and healthy dinner or lunch recipe. Better than chicken skewers you had in any restaurant. I am sure these grilled chicken kabobs will become part of your recipe rotation.
Let me know in the comment section below. In addition, I would also love to hear what you think, or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva