Eating healthy can be natural, fun, and enjoyable. Here’s a peek into the daily delights that eating healthy has to offer. A day of healthy eating healthy recipes is easier than you think to put together. You will feel amazing too. Below you will find some straightforward healthy eating recipes for beginners and a walk through my day. Here is a glimpse into the day of the life of a nutritionist.
Ready to detoxify, boost your energy, feel and look your best? It all starts with the daily choice to take action. So what is a healthy day of eating look like? Let’s begin a look at my day.
A DAY OF HEALTHY EATING RECIPES
IN THE MORNING:
Drink warm water with lemon and a pinch of cayenne pepper to get your circulation going. Warm lemon water gives me a brief mental boost first thing in the morning. In addition, you are obviously getting more hydrated from the water, but the lemon is simply there for a little extra taste. Antioxidants and vitamin C from the lemon will also help protect your body from free radicals in the body.
SPINACH & PUMPKIN SEED POWER SMOOTHIE
(Makes 1 serving)
- 1 cup water or almond, hemp, or coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 small frozen banana, sliced into 2-inch chunks
- 3 to 4 ice cubes (optional)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Stevia to taste
- 1 cup spinach
- One tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- One teaspoon cinnamon
MASSAGED KALE WITH APPLE SALAD
- 4 cups kale, thinly sliced
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 avocado, chopped
Suggested toppings: pumpkin or sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, walnuts
- Add kale, parsley, lemon juice, avocado, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper to a large bowl.
2. Massage the kale and other ingredients with clean hands. The kale should turn a bright green and become softer. Massage until well incorporated.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Add your chopped apple and shredded carrots to the kale mixture.
4. Toss and top with pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries if desired.
QUINOA & ASPARAGUS RISOTTO
(Makes 2 servings)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Once cooked, start adding the coconut milk to it, 1/4 of a cup at a time, stirring until the quinoa soaks it all up. You may not need the full cup.
- Meanwhile, steam your asparagus and red pepper. When those are tender, add them to the quinoa and coconut milk. Stir in the lemon juice, thyme, cayenne, and salt.
Getting hungry between meals? Here are some of my favorite healthy eating snacks:
- 10 almonds
- 1 pear
- 15 walnuts
- 1 apple
- Celery or carrots with hummus
- Flax crackers with 2 tablespoons almond butter
- Another quick pick-me-up is a green juice, which alkalizes your body.
If you’re seriously interested in getting healthy, restoring your digestion, and boosting your energy then check out my new comprehensive program Restore your Gut Health, details here https://eatyournutrition.com/restore-your-gut-health-enrollment. In the program, you get a ton of delicious satisfying recipes as well as strategies that will help rebuild your intestinal flora.
Or join me on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/EatYourNutrition where I’ll be sharing more information, tips, and recipes to help you live a happier, healthier life.
You might also want to read about how to eat healthy on a budget.
LET ME KNOW IF YOU MAKE ANY OF THESE HEALTHY EATING RECIPES
If you find these simple, healthy eating recipes helpful, let me know in the comment section below. I hope you enjoyed a glimpse into a day in the life of a nutritionist. In addition, I would also love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva