Your inner kingdom, your microbiome, your gut symbiosis. These are all different words for the same thing. How healthy your inner world is depicted in what shows up health-wise in your outer world. By choosing gut-healthy foods you can create an immune-boosting microbiome. Above all, this will help to ensure great overall health. Start by adding in more gut-healthy recipes. Below you can read about gut healthy smoothie ingredients I like to add-in.
Keeping your gut healthy and happy is one of the big secrets to good digestion, glowing skin, and increased energy.
The easier ways you have to incorporate recipes that reestablish a healthy intestinal flora, the better. Having a smoothie loaded with beneficial microbes is a daily addition to your diet that will get you awesome results over time. I can’t go a day without a gut smoothie. The biggest thing that changes is my mood. Gut health is directly linked to mood and brain health. There is an interesting article I wrote discussing the research surrounding this topic about the link between gut health, mood, and stress.
My Favorite Gut Healthy Smoothie Ingredients
- Ground flax – high in fiber and has a mucosal effect in the gut
- Kefir or water kefir – contains diverse unique bacteria strains different from yogurt
- Coconut yogurt or regular plain organic yogurt – high in beneficial bacteria
- Berries – tasty, high in healthy fiber and antioxidants
- Flax seed oil – for its ability to help lubricate the intestinal tract
- Cod liver oil – for omega-3 and gut nourishing enzymes (Purchase on Amazon here)
- Cinnamon – for its blood sugar stabilizing effects
- Banana – for its prebiotic power
Put these together and you’ve got yourself a super powerful smoothie. Helping your gut get strong and healthy. For instance, by making more gut-healthy recipes during the week you will see an increase in your energy levels too. And in turn, you help your whole body, and that’s what holistic health is all about!
Inner Kingdom Healthy Microbiome Smoothie
- 1 ½ Cups dairy-free milk
- One cup frozen mixed berries (I love a mix of blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries)
- 1 banana
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- A handful of your favorite greens- spinach, kale, mixed greens
- 1 Tablespoon your preferred oil – flax, Udo’s oil, or cod liver oil
- One Tablespoon ground flax seeds
- ½ Cup kefir or yogurt
- Unsweetened coconut flakes and edible flowers
- First, add all ingredients to your blender. After that, blend until super smooth. Top with unsweetened coconut flakes.
If you’re seriously interested in getting healthy, restoring your digestion, and boosting your energy then check out my new comprehensive program Restore your Gut Health, details here, https://eatyournutrition.com/restore-your-gut-health-enrollment. In the program, you get a ton of delicious satisfying recipes. I also share strategies that will help rebuild your intestinal flora.
Or join me on my Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/EatYourNutrition I’ll be sharing more information, tips, and recipes to help you live a happier, healthier life.
ENJOY THIS HEALTHY MICROBIOME SMOOTHIE!
Try to make this gut-healthy recipe and let me know in the comment section below how you liked it. I would love to hear if you tried any of the gut-healthy smoothie ingredients and what you think. Take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva