This easy lemon grilled salmon recipe is the perfect easy lunch. I love how simple and quick this recipe comes together. I also love to make extra to have on hand as a quick lunch during the week. This quick dinner recipe is something I cook at least twice a week. It takes almost no time to make and is nourishing for your body.
Salmon is a great source of lean protein. The omega-3s are great for your skin too. This is because it helps reduce inflammation in the body. Inflammation can lead to a breakdown in collagen and elastin, which keeps our skin looking so youthful.
Salmon is such a wonderful fish to customize with your favorite seasonings. The perfect easy lunch!
LEMON SALMON RECIPE KEY NUTRIENTS
Protein | Vitamin D | Calcium | Iron | Potassium
Lemon Salmon With Brown Rice Recipe
How to Make an Easy Lemon Salmon Recipe
- 1 pound wild-caught sockeye salmon fillet
- 1/2 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups of water or broth of choice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 1 cup brown rice
SALMON SEASONING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp lemon peel finely grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the brown rice and season with 1/4 tsp salt. Reduce the heat to simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 30-35 minutes, and rice is tender. Remove from heat.
- Thaw the frozen corn by placing it in a strainer and running hot water over to thaw. Combine the corn, black beans, and rice. Set aside. Combine all the salmon seasoning ingredients. Set aside.
- Lightly coat each salmon fillet with coconut oil. Sprinkle each salmon fillet with the salmon seasoning.
- Heat one tablespoon of coconut oil in a 10-inch skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the fish and sear each side for 3 minutes, until the fish is opaque. Remove from heat and serve with brown rice.
How Long Will This Simple Dinner Recipe Last?
You can store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. I love to serve the leftovers for a quick lunch the next day.
You might also enjoy this seafood recipe: How to make healthy shrimp fried rice.
Enjoy This Lemon Recipe Tonight!
If you make this brown rice and salmon recipe, let me know in the comment section below. I would also love to hear what you think, or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva
You might also like this easy dinner recipe: