My paleo beef chili recipe made with beef and sweet potatoes is the best fall meal idea for a busy night or even a tailgating party. This is such a hearty and satisfying meal, and it’s so quick and easy to put together. You can serve it by itself or over a bowl of rice or quinoa. I am pleased to share this sweet potato chili recipe from the Radiant Healthy Eating Guide. This delicious, hearty one pot meal is perfect for a chilly fall afternoon or dinner idea.
The Best Perfect Beef Paleo Chili Recipe for a Sunday Afternoon Watching Football
This easy recipe is full of good for you ingredients that you probably aren’t used to in a traditional chili recipe. I added sweet potato and zucchini to bump up the nutritional intake of this nourishing one pot paleo recipe.
BEEF CHILI RECIPE KEY NUTRIENTS
Fiber | Protein | Iron | Vitamin D | Calcium | Potassium
How to Make the Best Paleo Beef and Sweet Potato Chili?
Ground Beef: I like to use a lean version 95%, but feel free to use 80% if you don’t mind draining extra fat.
Sweet Potatoes: You wouldn’t typically think of adding sweet potatoes to a chili recipe, but this one brings out a delicious sweetness to the recipe.
Mushrooms: Anywhere I can sneak in some vitamin D rich mushrooms, I find a way. They will definitely help boost your immunity during the colder months.
Spices: I came up with the perfect spice blend to make the best chili recipe. It consists of cayenne pepper, red pepper, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, and salt & pepper.
How to Make the Best Paleo Beef and Sweet Potato Chili
- 1 cup zucchini diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 4 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups sweet potatoes diced
- 1 lb. ground beef extra lean
- 2 cups of red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 2 cups kale leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- One bay leaf
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot. Add diced onion and cook until translucent.
- Add beef and spices. Cook until beef is brown. Add diced tomatoes, and add an additional can of water to the pot. Add sweet potato, mushrooms, carrots, and the rest of the spices. Lower heat and simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add zucchini and red pepper. Cook for another 20 minutes. Add kale, salt, and pepper, and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove bay leaf. Serve and enjoy!
How to Store Leftover Chili?
I honestly don’t think you will have any leftovers of my best paleo chili recipe, but if you do, I have you covered. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 to 7 days. Simply reheat on the stovetop or even in the microwave.
Enjoy This Healthy Paleo Beef Chili Recipe!
If you make this Paleo sweet potato chili recipe, let me know in the comment section below. I would also love to hear what you think, or take a photo and tag me @Eat_Your_Nutrition on Instagram. I love seeing your photos. #EatYourNutrition #LauraVillanueva